Cursor/screen freeze and touch lag in Chrome

Darren Rafuse

Oct 4, 2018
Visit site
I have 2 issues with my Go 8/128:

1) when I am scrolling with my finger on the screen in Chrome there is a very noticeable lag, almost as if it is set to scroll only a few lines at a time rather than a smooth scrolling. It is not present if I scroll with the touchpad nor if I scroll in Edge with my finger on the screen. It only lags in Chrome and only using my finger on the screen.

2) I first noticed about 3-4 weeks ago that what I'm currently working on freezes for a few seconds every once in a while. It's not the whole machine or even the screen nor the cursor that freezes. As an example, I could be typing away at this post and suddenly no more letters appear on the screen as I'm typing away for several seconds but then seconds later everything that I continued to type appears all at once. When this freeze happens, I can still move the mouse cursor around and switch apps and use them etc. So it's not that the entire machine freezes. I did not notice this when I first got the Go.

HeyCori

Mod Emeritus
Mar 1, 2011
Visit site
Well, I've noticed in Edge that sometimes the browser will become unresponsive, but usually it happens once after waking up from sleep, though your problem sounds different from mine.

Cecilio

Oct 6, 2015
Visit site
I have 2 issues with my Go 8/128:

1) when I am scrolling with my finger on the screen in Chrome there is a very noticeable lag, almost as if it is set to scroll only a few lines at a time rather than a smooth scrolling. It is not present if I scroll with the touchpad nor if I scroll in Edge with my finger on the screen. It only lags in Chrome and only using my finger on the screen.

2) I first noticed about 3-4 weeks ago that what I'm currently working on freezes for a few seconds every once in a while. It's not the whole machine or even the screen nor the cursor that freezes. As an example, I could be typing away at this post and suddenly no more letters appear on the screen as I'm typing away for several seconds but then seconds later everything that I continued to type appears all at once. When this freeze happens, I can still move the mouse cursor around and switch apps and use them etc. So it's not that the entire machine freezes. I did not notice this when I first got the Go.
Hi Darren. I do not know where, but I read in some article that while using Surface Go with Chrome the best way to avoid such lags was to disable Hardware acceleration in its settings, close Chrome and open it again.
I do not own a Surface Go but I hope one 8GB Surface Go will be in my hands no later than end of this year. Probably during Black Friday its price will be reduced!

Darren Rafuse

Oct 4, 2018
Visit site
Hi Darren. I do not know where, but I read in some article that while using Surface Go with Chrome the best way to avoid such lags was to disable Hardware acceleration in its settings, close Chrome and open it again.
I do not own a Surface Go but I hope one 8GB Surface Go will be in my hands no later than end of this year. Probably during Black Friday its price will be reduced!

That worked!!! Thx a lot amigo!!

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
velocityxs