Any good Metro app for annotating pdf?

Tsang Fai

Aug 11, 2014
Visit site
The built-in "Reader" metro app is great for reading but it only supports annotating in simple pen-style. It does not allow changing the pen colour nor switching to highlighter mode.

So I am looking for a Metro pdf reader app with more support for annotation. I don't mind if I need to pay a reasonable price.

Have tried the desktop version of Adobe Acrobat X but I am very disappointed - it is very sluggish when scrolling with touchscreen and it has poor support for the SP3 pen.

I know I can use "Send to OneNote 2013" within the built-in Reader and then do the annotation in OneNote. But it is not so convenient. I want to do the annotation just right in the pdf (and then have the pdf saved with all annotations).

Tsang Fai

Aug 11, 2014
Visit site
I have just downloaded Drawboard PDF trial version and have played with all the functions.
It is super nice. Thanks for the suggestion.
I like its simple user-interface which gives quick access to some commonly used annotation (pen, highlighter, text).
pdf rendering is smooth, much better than the desktop version of Adobe Reader (which is so sluggish, not designed for touch screen at all).
Just one thing not so convenient - there is no way to jump to a particular page by typing the page number - I need to go from page to page one by one or to use bookmarks. Hope they will add that basic functionality in the next version.
I am going to pay this app. Worth it!

Tsang Fai

Aug 11, 2014
Visit site
why not import a pdf into onenote and annotate?

OneNote is great for annotation but for pdf I would rather like to annotate right on the pdf file itself. Especially for large pdf, it is not so desirable to keep another "annotated copy" of the document.

What I am intending to do is to annotate on a pdf e-book, which I read everyday and where I would take notes on almost every page.

Have already paid Drawboard PDF. Very happy with it so far.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DrPendragon