Finally....this is what MSFT needs to stress about the SP3

pgg101

Jan 17, 2014
Visit site
Agreed 100%. I gave my tablet to my kids. SP3 for all my programs that only come in PC format. If I need to run an Android app, either my BlackBerry or Bluestack on my SP3 or old laptop is all I need.

Posted via the Windows Phone Central App for Android on a BlackBerry Z30

raqball

Aug 27, 2014
Visit site
I agree and its true for me.. I am mainly a home tablet user who needs / wants laptop functionality every so often..

RajeevT

May 3, 2014
Visit site
Tony Bradley said:
As far as I?m concerned, though, the keyboard cover isn?t really optional. It should be bundled by default with the Surface Pro 3, and the device should be pitched first and foremost as a laptop replacement?a 2-in-1 hybrid solution. It?s an ultraportable Windows PC that also doubles as a tablet.
This is just what most people have been saying ever since the Surface RT launched but Microsoft seems to turn a deaf ear to all the complaints. Just bundling the Type Cover by default (user can select colour while buying) will I'm sure lead to a jump in sales.

Nicholas Maguire

May 28, 2014
Visit site
As already said, it really depends on which exclusives you like best. For me, I like Halo, future Gears of Wars games, Dead Rising 3, and the Fable franchise, so I'd prefer the Xbox one. However, it's all on your tastes.

Bill Mitchell

Sep 20, 2014
Visit site
I just love that I can use it as an ultrabook all day but when having lunch with a client or in a meeting I can hand-write notes silently and unobtrusively like on a legal pad. For me that flexibility is huge. Also, the screen is gorgeous and the main reason I went for this over the Thinkpad Yoga (and the 3:2 aspect ratio which I prefer over 16:9).

spasell

Jun 11, 2014
Visit site
I just love that I can use it as an ultrabook all day but when having lunch with a client or in a meeting I can hand-write notes silently and unobtrusively like on a legal pad. For me that flexibility is huge. Also, the screen is gorgeous and the main reason I went for this over the Thinkpad Yoga (and the 3:2 aspect ratio which I prefer over 16:9).

Bingo!! I get up at 5am, read WSJ on it via Tablet Mode...Check out some emails with the Metro Email app. Do some reading with Nextgen Reader. I hit the road, get to office, break it out, use it in Desktop Mode.

As this poster put it, in meetings, I use the Pen religiously to take notes. No one even notices but when they do it's "What the hell is that?".

Evenings, over coffee (or a Bourbon, whatever), tablet mode again to read more news, web surfing, etc.

This is the perfect device that prevents me from ever having to use multiple devices. Hell, I barely even reach for my Note 3 any longer other than to make calls.

Bill Mitchell

Sep 20, 2014
Visit site
It is the sense of having, "one device that can do everything," which sold me on the SP3 above all other options. Funny thing is that I honestly don't use the pen that often and avoid it religiously, typing instead unless I have to. However, having it there WHEN I need it is HUGE. I just can't stand when I feel a piece of technology limits me in some way. I call it, "I wish it did this" syndrome. That's the great win for the SP3. I never find myself saying, "I wish it did this..."

My Note 3, alas is sad and lonesome as well. It is now relegated to making phone calls and sending texts.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Carnes