Seeing SP3 Around?

dclaryjr

Apr 25, 2014
Visit site
My frustration is when someone brings me their laptop to ask me questions on their code and I try to touch their screen and nothing happens. I forgot how different manufacturers implement various touch gestures on their touchpads and they aren't consistent.

LOL! Since I got my Lumia 1520, and now the Surface, I've tried to touch non-touch devices over and over again. ��

anon(7901790)

Aug 5, 2013
Visit site
I saw my first SP3 in the wild this morning. A lady at the table next to my daughter and I was doing some work. I asked her how she liked it and she said she loved it. She said she used to have a MBA, but she switched because she was having compatibility issues with files as well as files syncing in the cloud. Hmm...go figure.

rysliv

Nov 30, 2012
Visit site
At the most, I have seen someone use one of the older Surface Pro's with a power cover, and a Surface 2. I only saw one of the faculty members at my college have a surface pro 3, but rarely ever use it.

strollin

Jun 23, 2014
Visit site
I have never seen anyone with an SP3 in the wild. However, I do see them being used in many TV shows so MS is definitely working hard on product placement.

PLGomez

Dec 6, 2012
Visit site
I see them quite a bit at my law school here in Texas. Most devices are regular PC laptops, then it's about the same between Surface devices and Apple devices. That was this semester. Last year I was one of the few who had a Surface. I think Apple is really shooting themselves in the foot by not updating their Macbook Airs. Processor upgrades are not enough. 5 years of the same device is turning some people off. I used to use nothing but Macbook Air's, then I took the plunge when the Surface Pro 2 came out and haven't looked back. We'll see how it goes when Apple truly updates their device.

CliveSinclair

Oct 14, 2014
Visit site
I've not seen one. But was asked by someone in a coffee shop what I was using. Then again, I have never seen a Bugatti Veyron - so I guess I/we are in and elite club. Same with Windows Phones vs iPhones/Android, all sheep!!

Pablo Sormi

Dec 21, 2013
Visit site
I saw one in Poland, Warsaw.
So mine is still rare and makes an awesome impression on clients.
Never left a meeting without any question regarding SP3 :)

Ruben Verbaan

Jan 22, 2013
Visit site
I've had a meeting last week with someone who also had one. He didn't use it during the meeting (I did) but asked me about where left the pen when I didn't use it. He showed me his pen in het pocket. Other than that I've never seen one live anywhere (not in the stores or anywhere else). I do know two people who use Surface 2's.

pgg101

Jan 17, 2014
Visit site
I haven't seen any. I know one person with a SP2. It's a great device but I think priced too high.

Posted via the Windows Central App for Android on a BlackBerry Passport

lparsons21

Aug 27, 2014
Visit site
I haven't seen any. I know one person with a SP2. It's a great device but I think priced too high.

Posted via the Windows Central App for Android on a BlackBerry Passport
Take a look at other touch enabled ultrabooks and you will see a similarity in pricing. The Surface Pros are premium product, with a premium price. Not just another netbook.

I have the original Surface Pro and use mine all the time. Great box!

david90531

Aug 29, 2011
Visit site
I'm seeing it here in Canada MUCH more than the Surface 1 and 2. Maybe even a bit more than Windows Phones, which is kind of saddening but still cool

astell

Feb 26, 2014
Visit site
I'm seeing them more and more. Most of my education customers have started deploying them and a number of the police departments I do work for are in the process of deploying them into police cruisers. I used to get asked all the time what I was using;, that question has become replaced with people asking how I like it. My boss (owner of our company) was impressed with it after a sales meeting where I used it to present via a projector and took notes on it after my presentation. In the process of trying to get him to deploy them in place of regular desktops at our offices as the 90% of our workforce are field engineers or technicians - makes more sense for us to each have one device that is mobile.

anon(7901790)

Aug 5, 2013
Visit site
I have now seen two SP3's in the wild inside of a week. As I'm writing this, a woman is using hers in tablet mode with the pen. She's been working on a drawing for over an hour now. SP3 users of the world UNITE! Muahahahaha!

Dyslexic SP3 users of the world UNTIE! Hahahaha!

LoriInWA

Jun 16, 2008
Visit site
I've seen a couple at Starbucks or at the food court at the mall. More than seeing them, though, I have overheard at least 4-5 conversations in which people are saying they are getting or really want the SP3. I know that there was a bidding war for one that was put up for auction at my company during its online charity auction a couple weeks ago. I really think the SP3 appeals to a lot of people. I am loving mine!!

anon(7901790)

Aug 5, 2013
Visit site
I actually talked to her and she said she just got hers about a month ago and is still learning how to use it. She's an artist and she said that there is a lot to get used to, but all in all she loves it.

nasellok

Dec 3, 2012
Visit site
Not sure about the i5, my co-workers don't use it for graphically intense software. Its a laptop replacement for them. They use Bluebeam desktop application to mark up drawings, OneNote, and Office.

maflynn

Apr 6, 2014
Visit site
Back in September when I went to Oracle's OpenWorld in San Francisco (Oracle's major conference), I saw quite a number of SP3s (also the older smaller Surface Pros as well). I was frankly a bit surprised.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Carnes