Should I replace my laptop with a SP3?

eusty

Jun 1, 2014
Visit site
Decisions, decisions.....

OK, I've been looking at the SP3 as 'the tablet to replace your laptop' as the advert says.

For what I will use it for the i3 will be fine for my needs, but I'm not so sure about the storage, 32GB or so left doesn't seem that much. I can offload a lot of the stuff (photos etc) to SD/OneDrive so it's just programs, pagefile and the general 'bloat' to worry about.

It's another ?110 for the i5/128 which I'd rather spend on a Type case.

Who has an i3/64 and have been using it for a while? How do you get on with the storage? Is it a case of juggling?

sinime

Retired Moderator
Sep 13, 2011
Visit site
Re: Decisions, decisions.....

The SP3 does have an SD slot, so you could add storage capacity in that manner.

Also, there is a way to make a restore disk on a USB stick to free up some of the hard drive space, although I opted not to do that on my SP2.

CliveSinclair

Oct 14, 2014
Visit site

The slot is a MicroSD slot, not a SD slot. If you think the i3 'will be fine for your needs', that usually means in reality the next CPU up (i5) will be better - always buy the fastest and most amount of memory you can afford. Remember, you can't upgrade the SP3 in any way.

eusty

Jun 1, 2014
Visit site

If you think the i3 'will be fine for your needs', that usually means in reality the next CPU up (i5) will be better - always buy the fastest and most amount of memory you can afford. Remember, you can't upgrade the SP3 in any way.

I'm not concerned about the processor, just the amount of space.

If only they had a i3/128 then I would have no decision.........

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DrPendragon