[SP3] Streaming question?

alvinwooley

Jan 23, 2015
Visit site
I have a i5 and streaming videos kills the battery and makes my tablet hot as a oven. I use <website name removed> and watching a 1 hour show drains the battery it went from full to 66%and the fan was screaming the whole time. Any other time i use it its quiet and battery drain is normal. Has anyone else had this issue. Do you know a setting i can change to help

Last edited by a moderator:

BaritoneGuy

Jun 20, 2012
Visit site
I would use a different browser. If it is chrome there are known issues with this. Try IE, preferably the modern version much easier on the resources as all the encoding/decoding is done in the hardware instead of the software like Chrome does.

CliveSinclair

Oct 14, 2014
Visit site
I would use a different browser. If it is chrome there are known issues with this. Try IE, preferably the modern version much easier on the resources as all the encoding/decoding is done in the hardware instead of the software like Chrome does.

I second the Chrome 'issues' - well documented on Windows. I like Chrome, but IE is much better for battery life. I feel like Chrome is always working in the background grabbing usage information from me (I know IE does similar).

shamrockhead

Dec 15, 2014
Visit site
Hi
I watched a few streaming videos and noticed that my sp3 gets rather warm too, particularly on the right hand side. (Also I notice that it gets rather warm when I charge it in the docking station as opposed to the normal cable.) Im rather wary of watching videos on the sp3 now, as I cant help but think that too much heat will damage some of the internals, just my humble opinion. From now on i'll be doing video streaming on my desktop. I know the sp3 is marketed as being a replacement for everything ......... but my senses tell me that something so flimsy that gets so warm cannot handle it without shortening the life of the product.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Carnes