Brand new SP3, computer time changed

kenjancef

Dec 2, 2014
Visit site
So I have an SP3 i7/256GB that is about 2 weeks old, and about 10 minutes ago I noticed that the time changed. It was supposed to be11:05pm on Sunday, March 22, but the time showed 12:58am on Saturday, March 21.

As I'm typing this, I am on battery power, and it shows 71% remaining, so I am sure my battery didn't discharge. It's just VERY strange. I will keep my eye on it, but does anyone have a small clue as to what happened?

ssapre

Oct 30, 2012
Visit site
So I have an SP3 i7/256GB that is about 2 weeks old, and about 10 minutes ago I noticed that the time changed. It was supposed to be11:05pm on Sunday, March 22, but the time showed 12:58am on Saturday, March 21.

As I'm typing this, I am on battery power, and it shows 71% remaining, so I am sure my battery didn't discharge. It's just VERY strange. I will keep my eye on it, but does anyone have a small clue as to what happened?

Did you check Date and Time settings > Internet Time if its syncing with a server on internet?

kenjancef

Dec 2, 2014
Visit site
Yea, and it's set to auto sync with time.windows.com. I changed it now to time.nist.gov. It seems that in the past I've had systems give an error when syncing to time.windows.com. Guess it couldn't hurt to change it. And my time zone settings are also correct. It completed a manual sync to time.nist.gov, so we will see what happens I guess...

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DrPendragon