Can the surface coating of SP3 been peeled off?

nickisverygood

Feb 28, 2014
Visit site
Bought SP3 few days ago, now considering have it laminated. Since the SP1,SP2 have weak coating, I'm afraid that the lamination will destroy SP3's surface. Any advice?

wpn00b

Jan 9, 2013
Visit site
Bought SP3 few days ago, now considering have it laminated. Since the SP1,SP2 have weak coating, I'm afraid that the lamination will destroy SP3's surface. Any advice?

What exactly do you mean? Laminated? I'd just get a sleeve and be done with it. If you are extra cautious/paranoid about scratches then invisible shield type covering is probably advisable but the way this device is used should not lend itself well to scratches.

Also a screen protector.

I'm not a Surface owner but if I was I'd have a sleeve and carry it in my backpack. That's it.

anon(7901790)

Aug 5, 2013
Visit site

Yes. Exactly what do you mean by, "laminated" and coating. There isn't a coating on the chassis of the Surface line; at least not that I've noticed. I had an SP1 before moving to an SP3, and my wife has an SP2. None of them had any "coatings" that I could see; nor do I see any evidence of any peeling and I've had my SP3 since roll out, and my wife's SP2 is over a year and a half old with no evident peeling.

BGrewer

Feb 11, 2015
Visit site
By coating do you mean the VaporMg coating which has been used on the previous Pros and the first gen. RT tablet(s)? The Pro 3's not coated is it?

920Walker

Dec 3, 2012
Visit site
My RT has paint peeling off the kickstand. If that is the VaporMg then it's a silly term for not very well adhered powder coating.

BGrewer

Feb 11, 2015
Visit site
i've got a huge scratch on my RT's kickstand, as well as a couple of small scratches near the delve on the left-hand side of the tablet, I've noticed no pealing and so far I've got nothing on my Pro 3

anon(7901790)

Aug 5, 2013
Visit site
My RT has paint peeling off the kickstand. If that is the VaporMg then it's a silly term for not very well adhered powder coating.

My response to your other thread about the same subject: http://forums.windowscentral.com/microsoft-surface-pro-3/361258-does-sp3-has-strong-coating.html

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Duouser3