Surface 3 Startup, Shutdown and Antivirus Issue. What antivirus do you use for your Surface 3?

• Thread starter Windows Central Question
  • Start date
W

Windows Central Question

Surface 3 Startup, Shutdown and Antivirus Issue

Occasionally, my Surface 3 hangs up on startup and shutdown. I believe the culprit is the anti-virus (Kaspersky 2015). Is anyone else experiencing the same issue?

What antivirus, if any, do you use for the Surface 3?

AaronGraham

Nov 29, 2014
Visit site
Re: Surface 3 Startup, Shutdown and Antivirus Issue

I don't have a Surface 3 but I don't user any security software on my Windows PC. I just use common sense and ensure that Windows Defender is switched on and up to date. That is all I have done for years.

Regards,
Aaron Graham.

Zulfigar

Jun 27, 2012
Visit site

I have a Surface 3, and going to say the same as Aaron, common sense (the strongest anti virus there is) and Windows Defender. If I need a second virus scanner, I'll use Ad-Aware.

Hope that helps!

Shayan Davoodi

Dec 11, 2014
Visit site
I use Norton Internet Security 2014 because of super low impact on resources specially RAM. I used to have bitdefender total security 2015 for about one week and noticed that it uses more than 50MB real time doing no manual scan or anything. Norton uses up to 10MB meanwhile !

Pete

Retired Moderator
Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
Safe browsing habits are the best possible defence (cheap and zero lag), along with Windows Defender.

You'll need something if you don't browse safe, however.

EMitchell

Jan 31, 2013
Visit site
Safe browsing habits are the best possible defence (cheap and zero lag), along with Windows Defender..

That's for sure, nothing beats avoiding questionable sites. Unfortunately even 'safe' sites can be infiltrated. Remember a couple of years ago when Yahoo was infected with malware, lots of people were stung by that. It's probably best to have something, like Windows Defender.

pgg101

Jan 17, 2014
Visit site

I just use Defender. I didn't bother adding more programs as I don't want my system bogged down with resource draining apps.

Posted via the Windows Central App for Android on my BlackBerry Passport

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DrPendragon