Surface pro 3 keyboard connection is damaging my type cover

jordanzhninja

May 4, 2014
Visit site
My keyboard used to randomly disconnect until one day it wouldn't connect to my surface at all. After getting a new keyboard, it still has the same problem of intermittent loss of connectivity sometimes.

The problem is huge scratchings in the surface pro 3 part of the keyboard connector (not near the pins) which must be rubbing off onto the type cover. I have no idea how these scratches even got there, and is this enough to be allowed to RMA the device??

I love Surfaces but I've already RMA'd my pro 3 once before for kickstand issues (that are worse with this one) so idk if I should even bother with Pro 4 even though it looks really good.

onysi

Sep 18, 2011
Visit site
You're not the only one. The random disconnect is common for me. However, the scratches on your screen is probably thru manufacturing. The keys cant scratch gorilla glass easily. I have a slightly visible scratch on the side, but it was probably due to manufacturing. Didn't notice by inspections. On the SP4, Im gonna have the device opened and checked for scratches and dents before purchasing it. I had the same issue with Surface 2. The speaker wall side was loose.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DrPendragon