Surface Pro 3 has internet, but Store always says check connection?

thatcharlie

Mar 12, 2016
Visit site
Hmmmm, this is probably because, as much as Win 10 is pretty good, it still feels pretty much half finished in comparison to most of MS's previous OS's.

I love Win 10, but I find quirks like this all the time. Can't connect to the Store, I close, then re-open then I can connect. One thing I'd try doing is removing your linked Microsoft Account, then re-adding it to you local profile. That's fixed a few issues for me before.

But, the fact remains that most of the built in apps for Win 10 are half-finished pieces of shoddy cr@p that MS have tried to palm us off with. Why do you think they've not been charging anyone for Windows 10 upgrades yet? It's because no one would pay for an unfinished product or they'd be refunding everybody within a week! They can't even get it to work properly with their own hardware (i.e the Surface Pro 3). They've monumentally managed to mess bits of that up, where things worked fine in Win 8.1. - For those of us with the Surface Pro 3 you'll know what I mean when it comes to the Pen.

Anyway, once they've finished sorting out this half finished product, that's when they'll start charging you for it or additional features (that probably should have come as standard).

Like I said, I am a big fan on Win 10, but MS still have a *lot* of work to do!!!

livingny

Mar 6, 2016
Visit site
My Surface Pro 3 came with Windows 10 already installed. But I get what you mean... Well I found some other stuff on the Microsoft page to try and I have found there are no Store files!!! I think this is something I may have deleted accidentally... Does anyone know where I can download these Store files? I really don't want to reset everything. I'm also not sure if I do that if my OS will be Windows 10. I thought I made a backup before I added anything but I can't find it so I may have missed doing that damn it.

livingny

Mar 6, 2016
Visit site
Well after trying all of that my WindowsApps folder says its empty! I also can't seem to get permission to view it but if its empty I'm not missing anything... Have to run but will check back later.

livingny

Mar 6, 2016
Visit site
I need to download the Store program files. I don't have them at all. Does anyone know where I can do this? I tried doing this with the links above that I posted but it doesn't work for me.

livingny

Mar 6, 2016
Visit site
Well after trying out those links I posted earlier when I booted up tonight all of a sudden I have Microsoft Store again! And I downloaded something and well.... yeah!

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DrPendragon