W10 recovery image issues.

Guzzler3

May 4, 2012
Visit site
Ok, I've been playing around and experimenting, and I can't get the W10 recovery image from MS (https://forums.windowscentral.com/e...ry%2Fdownloadablerecoveryimage&token=6WUaB2Xp) to work. It gets to a certain percentage and then fails with "something went wrong". I have followed the instructions to a "T"

Backstory: I've done clean installs of W10 via the full ISO you can download from MS on my SP3 that originally came with W8.1. I've used it to wipe and create the required partitions.

About the only thing I can think of is that a partition is missing, or not big enough.

I've even used the full W10 ISO to delete every partition, then stop, and boot off the recovery disk. Doing so, it fails quickly with an error of missing partitions. You would think that that recovery disk would be smart enough to recreate the required partitions (or I think it should :eck: )

So, I'm wondering if anyone has a SP3 that came with W10, or has a SP3 that has a working W10 recovery image, could you take a look at your partitions and let me know the sizes of each one. I'll try to copy them and see if that makes a difference.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Carnes