Hello, Does the case get dents/scratches/discolored easily? What is the best way to protect the case? Is there any protective case that is both lightweight and protective enough to prevent dents/scratches/discoloration?
    11-10-2015 07:20 PM
    For me, I put a skin on the backside of my SP4 (from Microsoft Surface Pro 4 Skin Series | Stickerboy Skins for protecting your mobile device). This way, the backside is protected when I slide it around on a tabletop or other surface. I don't feel like I need skins on the sides or on the front. The type cover is enough for me to protect the glass.

As for travel, I use a sleevecase. I use https://www.sfbags.com/collections/m...ce-pro-4-cases. They might be somewhat more pricey than others, but I only get sleevecases from them because they are high quality and made in the USA. I put the sleevecase inside of a messenger bag or backpack so it doesn't get scratched up from pens, cables, or random things in side my bag.
    11-10-2015 08:51 PM
    The SP4 Magnesium case is not easy to damage....the original Surface's at the Microsoft store are put in metal sliders at night and only have slight abrasions on the case after years of of MS employees slamming them into metal sliders without protection.

That being said I got a padded case because I don't want to chance it. I would never though put added protection (skins) to the Magnesium case or screen protectors to the GG4 screen as that is limiting the beauty of it and likely not necessary at all judging by how tough the case it has is and the screen it has is.
    11-10-2015 09:21 PM
    If you put your Surface in a bag a lot, it will scratch up. Like this: http://forums.windowscentral.com/mic...scratched.html

The best solution is to use skins. They're fairly inexpensive, come in a wide variety of designs (even custom designs), and are easily replaceable (just peel off and add a new skin). I get mine from DecalGirl and Skinit.
    11-11-2015 01:33 AM
    If you put your Surface in a bag a lot, it will scratch up. Like this: http://forums.windowscentral.com/mic...scratched.html

The best solution is to use skins. They're fairly inexpensive, come in a wide variety of designs (even custom designs), and are easily replaceable (just peel off and add a new skin). I get mine from DecalGirl and Skinit.
    Best solution is to care for the $1000 device..skins are cheap and degrade the look they make sense on phones IN your pocket. Face it in you are going to "throw a surface in a backpack or bag" well then you are not taking basic care of it.

Not sure what people put junk on expensive devices rather than simply caring for them. That inexpensive film is not the topmost cheap layer of your $1000+ device...pretty sure MS would not have picked that as the surface.

Now if you are in construction or the NFL then you need more than some cheap skin with some stupid graphic on it.
    Last edited by boltman2013; 11-11-2015 at 04:35 PM.
    RichBrown68 likes this.
    11-11-2015 07:47 AM