Amazon Prime Video

jbaylon

May 22, 2014
Visit site
Why does it use so much of the CPU? I recently throttled the CPU (the i7, with 16 G RAM, if it matters) to max out at 75% under one of my more conservative power plans, and now video gets choppy (1 second of play, pause for half a second, repeat over and over again). It's not my internet connection: this issue persists regardless of buffering time and is resolved immediately when I bump to an un-throttled power plan. Nothing else is running in the background, just Chrome playing video. I don't get it... do I really need an i7 at more than 75% to smoothly play a video?

Similarly, aside from the throttling, I get 2ish hours of battery when playing video from the internet, and the device gets noticeably hot. Nothing else makes the SP4 warm at all, besides charging I suppose, and I get pretty reasonable battery life when doing most anything other than internet video playback.

Insight to why this happens and possible solutions would be most appreciated =).

billyboyblue

Jan 22, 2016
Visit site
I ran amazon instant video for about 3 hours this morning, and had 53% when it was done playing. that means on a worst case senario, i'll get about 6 hours of Amazon prime streaming video. I5 / 4GB / 128GB

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Carnes