Can I use a bluetooth keyboard rathern than the type cover for Surface Pro 4?

petercohen

Jan 21, 2016
Visit site
Hello, is it easy to pair a bluetooth keyboard to a Surface Pro 4 and use it, rather than the type cover, as the keyboard for the SP4?

billyboyblue

Jan 22, 2016
Visit site
just as easy as any other device. The Type cover is going to be easier, and more fashionable, but a normal BT keyboard will suffice for sure!

judah modeste

Jul 11, 2013
Visit site
I use either my bt keyboard or a normal usb keyboard with mine and if im moving around i use the display keyboard. My reason, the type cover gets in my way since I use the surface for drawing.

onlysublime

Jun 24, 2013
Visit site
Actually, sometimes I use both the Type Cover and the Microsoft Universal Mobile Keyboard at the same time, particularly when I'm in Photoshop or InDesign. The reason being is I find that the SHIFT key will stick if you hold it down too long on the Type Cover 2 (requiring tapping it to "unstick" it). So for SHIFT, CTRL, or ALT operations, I use the bluetooth keyboard.

Another time to use the keyboard is if I want to have the Surface machine being in portrait mode. And the last situation is when I need the keyboard to be wireless (detached).

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DrPendragon