Duration time to install new windows 10 update say anniv update and to refresh core m surface model

Harish39

Mar 2, 2015
Visit site
So, i am new to this whole surface pro 4
I have been using HP Spectre x360 until now and for every fresh installation of windows 10, it hardly takes 20min
But with the core m model of surface pro 4 i am having, its taking like hours (3 or 4 may be) for fresh installation of windows 10 or updating to windows 10 anniversary update
and it took more a bit more than 1.5 hours for refresh
Do u think its normal?
If anyone has experience with core m model, can u please tell me how much time would it take to reset or install windows 10?

champ76

Jun 6, 2016
Visit site
Updating to anniversary wont take much time if your internet download speed is good. After completing the download , it will take around 30-40 minutes(based on time taken by my pc) to intsall.

champ76

Jun 6, 2016
Visit site
Updating to anniversary wont take much time if your internet download speed is good. After completing the download , it will take around 30-40 minutes(based on time taken by my pc) to intsall. :)

Harish39

Mar 2, 2015
Visit site
Updating to anniversary wont take much time if your internet download speed is good. After completing the download , it will take around 30-40 minutes(based on time taken by my pc) to intsall. :)

Its not about download
Its about getting ready for updates via boot menu and installing the update
I dont recall the exact time it took for windows anniversary update but for refresh it took 1hr 20min

palmujukka

Dec 14, 2013
Visit site
That sounds a bit strange. I have the Core M version (with 4 GB of RAM) and the install took one hour to complete. I noticed from the Store app that all my apps were updated/reinstalled during the update process. Do you have lot of apps installed?

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DrPendragon