Preparing to configure Windows.

anon(9603734)

Aug 15, 2015
Visit site
Hi all.

I'm wondering if anyone else has had this happen in the past few days?

I'm on the Anniversary Update. On Monday evening when I shut down the SP4 I got the "Preparing to configure Windows. Don't turn off your computer." with the spinning circle animation. There had been no notification of anything having downloaded and a restart required, so I was a bit surprised. I was charging the SP4 anyway so left it plugged in, but 2 hours later it was still on that screen. As it was now bedtime and I couldn't wait any longer, I just held the power button and forced shutdown.

When I next turned on, on Tuesday, Windows just loaded up as normal. I checked the update history but nothing was shown as having successfully installed, nor a failed install. Windows Update found no new updates, stating the SP4 was up to date. When I shut down on Tuesday it turned off as normal.

Today it's downloaded the latest cumulative update and 2 other updates (Adobe and the malicious tool removal one). It required a restart to complete, which I did. It's done it's configuring updates as it was shutting down, it restarted and finished configuring updates and all 3 updates have installed successfully. Windows checked for new updates and informed me the SP4 was up to date. I used the SP4 for a bit longer and when shutting down it's now "Preparing to configure Windows. Don't turn off your computer." with the spinning circle animation. It's been 45 minutes and, like Monday, nothing seems to be happening. The circles are going round but there's no percentage indicator.

I'm unsure why twice in the past couple of days this has occurred, with seemingly nothing downloaded? Has anybody else had this occur to them? Does anybody have any idea as to why it may be happening?

Regards,
Paul

abhishek singh21

Apr 27, 2014
Visit site
this is just a one time task which could take sometime,nothing to worry just leave it as it is and it will shut down on its own when the process ends. Had a similar one on my desktop and i left it as it is for the night and when i woke up in the morning the system was shut down normally.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
leviwilkersion