Lost wifi completely

Diana Melamet

Jan 7, 2015
Visit site
I have seen similar issues, tried some of your suggestions, but to no avail.
Marvell avastar wireless ac network controller keeps failing all the time, rendering the device useless.
Any clues?
Finally...
After doing the reset network several times, and reinstalling driver several times, something clicked and it began to work. Windows, right?
Then, it installed some drivers... And failed again. Back in square one.
Please, help!

Last edited:

Diana Melamet

Jan 7, 2015
Visit site
I am again in the same predicament. Well, serves me right for getting a Microsoft thing, I suppose. I loved the machine, but it does not love me back!
If somebody comes up with a possible way of fixing it, would you write to me?
Thanks!

Diana Melamet

Jan 7, 2015
Visit site
The problem seems to be connected to the charging, as the WiFi only works when plugged in!
The plot thickens...
Again, if anyone happens to come by and maybe knows the whys of the mystery, feel free to whisper in my ear.

Wan Firas

May 17, 2015
Visit site
Just to make sure, when you uninstall the driver did you delete the driver software too? Then, did you restart first before reinstalling?

Diana Melamet

Jan 7, 2015
Visit site
Noooo. I think I reinstalled without restart. That was last time, at least. And then, it checked for updates and installed Avastar drivers and restarted.

Grodelj

Apr 2, 2013
Visit site
You are saying that when plugged to power, wifi is working ok? And on battery it doesn't work?

Did you check all possible power settings? I think this could be a power saving problem.

Diana Melamet

Jan 7, 2015
Visit site
I just did. The only setting is set to “never”, so it should not turn off the WiFi...
The driver keeps disappearing and malfunctioning intermittently.

Wan Firas

May 17, 2015
Visit site
I would recommend to uninstall the driver with "delete the software" option. Then restart. Only after that you update the driver.

Just to rule out bad software driver copy.

Diana Melamet

Jan 7, 2015
Visit site
I have done that a couple of times. Still erratic behaviour and crash of the driver every now and then. Turns my Surface in an utterly unreliable machine.
Thanks for helping!

planetf1

Mar 3, 2017
Visit site
Similar issues here. Tried insider build.. a full reset to stock.. a cloud recovery (even this has issues with wi-fi during the process).

Meanwhile two identical surface pros are working fine on same network.

Just can't resolve so it's being sent back to Amazon (we'd go will offer refund) or Microsoft (repair.. until end Jan). Just watching new model prices to decide whether to have sorted or move to new model

Diana Melamet

Jan 7, 2015
Visit site
Wow! What did you do? Amazon or Microsoft?
Because it did not seem a hardware issue, I did not send it back... So I am stuck with a terrible machine, almost useless, randomly disconnecting.
Also, Microsoft is not available fisically here in Argentina, so I dont have anyone trustworthy to check my Surface.
Would like to know what you did in the end. Bye!

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
velocityxs