I have a Surface Pro 4, and I work with simulation softwares such as Ansys, Hypermesh, etc. Whenever I start installing them, the display of the particular window shrinks to super tiny and it's hard to work with. Earlier I thought it was some compatibility issue with Ansys specific to my laptop because I could not find a solution for this anywhere. But now I'm installing Hyperworks, and same problem is there while installing. Now I know when it's installed, I will have to work with micro-sized menus, tools and buttons.
    I really don't want to face the problem again, any help would be much appreciated.
    (Screenshot attached for better clarity of the problem)
    Thanks in advance.untitled.jpg
    Last edited by Sukanya Kamboj; 04-11-2018 at 01:39 PM. Reason: Attaching image
    04-11-2018 01:37 PM
    The reason for this is because the SP4 runs at such a high resolution and some apps and games can't scale to fit properly, a good example is Origin.
    That happened when I installed a game too. Once it finally installed everything and I opened it, it was full screen.
    04-11-2018 09:29 PM
    The reason for this is because the SP4 runs at such a high resolution and some apps and games can't scale to fit properly, a good example is Origin.
    04-13-2018 10:11 AM
    neo158's explanation is correct. You can fix this problem by right clicking the .exe file of the program (find it in Start -> right click -> Open Folder Location). Go to Properties. Under the Compatibility tab, click "Change high DPI settings." Check/tick the box that says "Override high DPI behavior. Scaling performed by:" -> Play around with the options. System (Enhanced) tends to work best for me. Images might be blurrier but at least it'll be big.

Hope this helps.
    neo158 likes this.
    04-21-2018 01:54 AM