Surfce Pro 4 touch input interrupted near the bottom of the screen

hamidparham

May 8, 2015
Visit site
Recently I've encountered an issue on my Surface pro 4 (i5, 4GB) where a certain area of the screen seems to not accept touch input (neither pen nor touch). When I try to draw a diagonal line for example, which crosses that area, the line gets jagged in the intersection. Or when I simply drag-to-select, the selection gets interrupted when it gets to that area. It's like a sudden jump. I've created a gif where I demonstrate the issue:
pveLvwM.gif

I should mention that a while ago the screen was getting phantom touch around this same area and I used Microsoft's own hotfix and it resolved the issue. It was fine for about a month, but then this issue appeared. And it was a gradual appearance. At first it was just a small area, but now it has spread to a horizontal line across the screen near the bottom.

I've researched it and found some similar threads and tried the solutions like recalibrating the screen, running troubleshooting, disabling drivers, updating drivers and windows, trying the surface diagnostic toolkit, so far with no luck.

I'm wondering if anyone else is on this same sinking boat? And if anyone has any info about or solutions for this issue? Is it a software or hardware problem? Should I give up on my device?
I'm a student and on a very very tight budget, and I rely on my device for everything, including notetaking. So help me guys! 😞 Appreciate any help!

Last edited:

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Duouser3