Surface pro 2 shipped!

Matt Lawson

Oct 22, 2013
Visit site
That may be, but UPS doesn't hold back tracking information, so if it really did ship by the 21st (like they assured me it would) then it should be moving through the UPS network, not "Ready for UPS". Just printing a label doesn't mean they get to say "it shipped".

unstoppablekem

Sep 23, 2011
Visit site
And Microsoft told me it would ship the 29th. I'm happy! 😃

But you dude, you should get a new status within 12 hours. If not, contact the person you ordered it from.

Iria

Oct 22, 2013
Visit site
I just checked mine and it's in CA as well. Delivery date of tomorrow.
At this point I'm gettting pretty worried. [EDIT] Change that to angry since I ordered on Day One and it was supposed to ship on Oct. 21.

Last edited:

Matt Lawson

Oct 22, 2013
Visit site
What capacity did you all buy? MS store chat rep saying the 256/512 are delayed. My preorder says ships by the 21st. Has anyone with a 256/512 gotten a tracking number t hat shows movement?

Cleavitt76

Jan 10, 2013
Visit site
See, that's what should be happening. The pkg should be moving through to a hub. Those of us with no updates -- something is wrong.

Don't give up hope just yet. I'm in the same boat. Tracking number emailed to me days ago, but no update from UPS. That is until about 20 minutes ago. It's in Louisville, KY and I'm in Florida, but the estimated delivery according to UPS is still today.

I think in cases like this (pre-order product) that MS might distribute truckloads of the product already labeled to various UPS air hubs where they sit until the last minute. Then they get dumped into the UPS delivery stream and arrive at their final location hours later. Basically, they might have cut out the normal part of the process where individual packages get picked up by UPS and have to travel to a hub. At least that is what I'm hoping for.

Cleavitt76

Jan 10, 2013
Visit site
What capacity did you all buy? MS store chat rep saying the 256/512 are delayed. My preorder says ships by the 21st. Has anyone with a 256/512 gotten a tracking number t hat shows movement?

Yes, I ordered the 256GB back when the delivery date was still 10/22. My tracking number didn't have a status until after midnight today, but it's expected delivery according to UPS is still today. See my previous post for my optimistic guess at why that might be happening. :eek:rly:

The delay is supposed to be for orders placed later so if you got confirmation for 10/22 during your order you should be good.

Matt Lawson

Oct 22, 2013
Visit site
False alarm! My tracking just updated, and my two SP2s 256 are in Louisville, KY. UPS considers them "On Time" and scheduled to be delivered today by 3pm.

Matt Lawson

Oct 22, 2013
Visit site
I think in cases like this (pre-order product) that MS might distribute truckloads of the product already labeled to various UPS air hubs where they sit until the last minute. Then they get dumped into the UPS delivery stream and arrive at their final location hours later. Basically, they might have cut out the normal part of the process where individual packages get picked up by UPS and have to travel to a hub.
That makes a lot of sense. I guess they sold thousands of these things, and it'd be kind of silly to ship them all individually. Would make far more sense to bundle them all up according to the hub they'll be going to, then when the time comes bust the bundle open and all the individual packages dump into the UPS network, already only a day away from their final destination.

Very logical.

Jason De Castro

Aug 4, 2012
Visit site
I've received my surface pro 2 128gb. It was delivered this morning. Im at work atm though so 1hr 45mins until i can play with it :D. Im in Australia btw

woohoo70

Aug 28, 2013
Visit site
I got my 256 model here in Australia today so far im loving it,you guys across the ocean are just a few hours away now hope you enjoy your new suface pro as much as me

unstoppablekem

Sep 23, 2011
Visit site

Yes, I got a 256GB model, and it said it would ship the 29th, but it shipped yesterday instead! :D

unstoppablekem

Sep 23, 2011
Visit site
My surface just arrived in my home city. Can't say where it is, just that I'm sure once it leaves that stop, it will be out for delivery to my home!

WG Rowland

Nov 14, 2012
Visit site
So far looks like the 512GB is the only model with a delay. Ordered as soon as the 512GB were available (which was after all the others), ship date listed as the 29th, and nothing, so far, to indicate it'll be shipping early. Le sigh...

unstoppablekem

Sep 23, 2011
Visit site
My type cover and pro 2 are both out for delivery! I hope it needs to signature, as I won't be home till 5PM PST. :(

Sent from my iSheep Tablet 3 using WPCentral Forums app

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Carnes