Does anyone else's Type Cover pre-order show "BackOrdered"?

TheJoester09

Mar 16, 2012
Visit site
I ordered a Pro 3 with a red Type Cover from the MS Store, and my Surface shows "In Process," but the cover says "BackOrdered." I spoke with a rep last night that said I should get the cover on time, but I'm a bit of a worrier, and seeing that it might be delayed has me a bit disappointed. Is anyone else seeing this?

TheJoester09

Mar 16, 2012
Visit site
The rep last night said that it only says that because it hasn't been released yet, but then I pointed out that the Surface itself shows "In Process," and he didn't really have a response for that. He just said to expect them at the same time...the conversation didn't inspire a lot of confidence.

Can anyone that ordered a different color from the MS Store check and see the status of theirs?

maflynn

Apr 6, 2014
Visit site
I think red is in high demand that's why. I may need to order a non-red one or at least pick one up at my local MS store when my SP3 arrives later this month

ytrewq

May 22, 2014
Visit site
I pre-ordered mine within minutes of when they were up for pre-order, and my account now shows it as being backordered.

Gken

Sep 17, 2011
Visit site
I just want one of those sexy dark blue covers from best buy. But that red one was really tempting, crossing my fingers for you all.

darthhen

Jan 18, 2012
Visit site
I just called Microsoft tonight to change my SP3 order. The lady said she had to cancel my current order and place a new order for me. For the new order, both SP3 and cyan type cover is showing "In process."

maflynn

Apr 6, 2014
Visit site
I just called Microsoft tonight to change my SP3 order. The lady said she had to cancel my current order and place a new order for me. For the new order, both SP3 and cyan type cover is showing "In process."

The downside is you ended up at the back of the line. I'm hoping that my SP3 will ship and the case will come later. If that is the case, I'll order/buy an available case and return one of them when the red arrives.

LazyEvul

Nov 13, 2012
Visit site
I switched my Type Cover pre-order from Cyan to Red about an hour ago on the phone with support. The Red cover's showing as "In process" on the website. I would hope that the status has changed appropriately for anyone who ordered earlier as well.

nrnw

Jun 17, 2014
Visit site
Most likely, this is limited to the red version. Mine is the same old boring black and the most recent status is unchanged (the same old "in process", "ships by 6/20")

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
babukapyar