So I have been liking the surface pro 3 a lot but had a question about the new type cover magnet position. When I have it in the new position if I go to lift the SP3 up from just the tablet and move it the keyboard will detach from the new position on the surface. Just wondering if this is everyone else experience or if my magnet is not as strong.

I was also wondering if the power settings have been figured out to change to high performance.
    06-23-2014 10:42 PM
    My limited experience with the units in the stores is that the magnet is VERY strong. I'm always surprised at how much force it takes to detatch the keyboard. I certainly wouldn't expect it to fall off on its own...even if hanging from the tablet.
    06-24-2014 07:13 AM
    The magnet is strong. I have picked it up often to move it while the keyboard is dangling without it falling off. The magnetic lip that props the keyboard up however will detach as it is not as strong.
    06-24-2014 07:21 AM
    The magnet is strong. I have picked it up often to move it while the keyboard is dangling without it falling off. The magnetic lip that props the keyboard up however will detach as it is not as strong.
    I've picked up the keyboard with the SP2 dangling... ;)
    Haven't tried it with the SP3 yet, but I have no doubt that it would hold.
    06-24-2014 12:40 PM
    The SP3 can dangle from the keyboard and not fall off. Just tried it.
    06-25-2014 09:47 AM
    This is what I meant haha. My keyboard dangles from the surface fine but I meant the magnet that props the keyboard up is what detaches when I pick it up

Posted via Windows Phone Central App
    06-25-2014 02:21 PM