Fan runs really loud when streaming netflix

uzername123

Jul 17, 2014
Visit site
The fan runs really loud when I stream netflix in google chrome and continues to run loud as long as I am streaming. I can even hear it over my netflix. Is this normal? I read in another thread to stream netflix in IE?

Thanks!

uzername123

Jul 17, 2014
Visit site
It's also running really loud when I'm scanning using malwarebytes. The CPU usage was about 50%. Is this also normal?? I've just read so many reviews saying people never hear the fan and I hear it quite often.

cdf3

Jun 10, 2014
Visit site
My fan comes on quite often while streaming any type of video over 5 minutes using Google Chrome. I used to watch YouTube videos using Chrome, now I stick to Internet Explorer for all of my streaming needs. If I need to send something to my Chromecast, I have to use Chrome in order to transfer the streaming info over to my Chromecast.

Sent from my GT-N5110 using Tapatalk

hopmedic

Apr 27, 2011
Visit site
Anything that puts a tax on the processor is going to cause heat, and that is going to cause the fan to kick it up into high gear, so to speak. This is normal, and is the case with any computer.

BaritoneGuy

Jun 20, 2012
Visit site
Chrome uses the CPU not the GPU for this purposes. As suggested try IE or use the Netflix app. The modern Netflix app will also scale the display better than anything on the desktop.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DrPendragon