Found a shortcut

LinT

Oct 20, 2011
Visit site
I accidentally found a shortcut. Hold the capacitive window key then press volume up. It turns on a very strange narrator option. pressing the volume down seems to be f15.

cdf3

Jun 10, 2014
Visit site
I use it to bring up another version of a touch screen keyboard.
It has more functions than the default keyboard.
I like to quickly bring it up in order to hit the Home key, so I can scroll back to the top of web pages.
Screenshot (14).jpg

Marcellus1

Jun 22, 2014
Visit site
There are actually a couple of different keyboards other than what you normally see. Here they are, including the one you see above, and how to access them.

For the first one, go to your settings and turn on "add the standard keyboard layout as a touch keyboard option". Here is the settings menu:
Screenshot (1).jpg

Here is the regular keyboard for comparison:
IMG_20140717_224504.jpg

The switch keyboard button now includes four options:
20140717_224550.jpg

If you choose the new one, you see this keyboard:
20140717_224753.jpg

Now for the keyboard above, it is also enabled through settings, but at a different location. Turn on the On-Screen Keyboard and you see this keyboard appear:
Screenshot (5).jpg

As for shortcuts to the on-screen keyboard, I am not aware of any. Maybe someone else is?

cdf3

Jun 10, 2014
Visit site
How do you get that keyboard to come up?

1) Open Charms Menu
2) Search for 'Control Panel'
3) Open Control Panel and click on the green link for 'Ease of Access'
4) On the next screen click on the green link for 'Ease of Access Center'
5) On the next screen scroll down to the bottom and click on the link for 'Make touch and tablets easier to use'
6) On the drop down menu, change 'Narrator' to 'On-screen keyboard,
7) Click Apply and OK
8) To access the custom keyboard Press and hold the Windows Button on bezel of the Surface Pro, and the Volume Up button at the same time.
9) Press the Options button on the On-Screen keyboard to change settings (Click sound on or off, Show numeric pad, etc.). Press NumLock to switch between Navigation Keys and Number Keys if numeric key pad is enabled.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Carnes