AutoCad 2012 performance on SP3?

CKennedy

Oct 29, 2014
Visit site
I've been thinking of picking of a SP3 for my developing small business to use as a more portable solution for doing some moderate CAD work on the go without having to lug around my daily driver which is a MBP i7/16gb. Almost all of my CAD work is in 2d (home design and permit plans) and along with it I will use photoshop (light work for business logos, marketing etc.) office, one note, annotation of design PDFs and just typical web browsing.

Just wondering what set up would be sufficient....i'm leaning towards the 128/4gb i5 model even though I would prefer to 256/8gb version but it's out of the budget at the moment.

ssapre

Oct 30, 2012
Visit site
I tried that on SP2 and it worked very well. Performance was good, only thing I was not comfortable was with SP2 screen and eventually I used a big screen monitor for it.

stephen_az

Banned
Aug 2, 2012
Visit site
Based upon my experience with (admittedly) other drafting products, I wouldn't think of going with the 4 GB model. You might also want to make sure Autodesk supports the pen, if the intent is to use as a replacement for an external digitizer. SP and SP2 used industry standard wacom technology whereas SP3 uses something that is not as widely implemented.....

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DrPendragon