Why does my Surface Pro 3 stylus stop working while I am using it?

gbafam

Nov 14, 2012
Visit site
surface pro 3 stylus issues

I'm very pleased with my surface pro 3. That said, I've had trouble with the stylus, on an irregular basis, failing to write. When you push the top of the stylus, it connects fine with one note, so it doesn't seem to be a pairing issue. Nor am I not able to figure out why it quits working (and when it quits working, you not only can't write with it (a function I'm a heavy user of), you can't use the stylus to access menus or other functions, either. When it quits working, it sometimes starts up again a little while later, but nothing in particular seems to trigger pen performance or failure to perform.

​I've only had the surface pro a few months so I'd assume batteries can't be the issue. any suggestions?

Dr Dan

Dec 10, 2014
Visit site
Re: surface pro 3 stylus issues

I have the same problems. Recently, I took my Surface Pro 3 and Stylus to the Microsoft Store. The sales associate saw the problem and replaced the Stylus on the spot, but the problem has reoccurred. I am currently running the Technical Preview and now the store blames the Technical Preview.

Mr_Kirill

Dec 11, 2014
Visit site
It's probably loosing bluetooth connectivity - next time it happends see it still connected under bluetooth devices.
There is some setting "allow power management for bluetooth devices" - try disabling it

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ailanamargarett