Surface pro 3 + Xbox controller = slow

Christopher Lindsay

May 8, 2014
Visit site
Bought my girlfriend the surface pro 3 i5 version and it seems every game has sluggish input from the Xbox 360 wired PC controller. Even when playing apps it feels sluggish. Anybody having the same issues?

dKp1977

Jul 14, 2011
Visit site
I haven't tried an Xbox 360 controller, but my Xbox One wireless controller is working perfectly fine on my Surface Pro 3 (i7 though, but that shouldn't matter much in this case). I don't really have the exact values in mind, but could the very reason possibly be, that transfer rates of USB 2.0, which is used on the wired Xbox 360 controller is far behind the transfer rate of wireless controllers? Just guessing though.

I've just removed the wireless receiver from my Surface Pro and connected the controller via micro USB cable. Just for testing purposes. I couldn't see any differences in performance. Since the XBO controller is no different than the 360 - at least from Windows' point of view - it might possibly be an issue on your end. Have you installed the correct drivers? 64bit?

Last edited:

Christopher Lindsay

May 8, 2014
Visit site
I haven't tried an Xbox 360 controller, but my Xbox One wireless controller is working perfectly fine on my Surface Pro 3 (i7 though, but that shouldn't matter much in this case). I don't really have the exact values in mind, but could the very reason possibly be, that transfer rates of USB 2.0, which is used on the wired Xbox 360 controller is far behind the transfer rate of wireless controllers? Just guessing though.

I've just removed the wireless receiver from my Surface Pro and connected the controller via micro USB cable. Just for testing purposes. I couldn't see any differences in performance. Since the XBO controller is no different than the 360 - at least from Windows' point of view - it might possibly be an issue on your end. Have you installed the correct drivers? 64bit?
The drivers installed themselves as soon as I plugged it in.

Christopher Lindsay

May 8, 2014
Visit site
It's weird. We tried playing 2k15 and the graphics weren't the problem it was the controller. We tried playing modern combat (which is an app) and it was the same thing.

enthuz

Oct 8, 2012
Visit site
I have the 360 receiver coupled with my 360 wireless controller and I'm not having issues with lag. Have you tried ripping the driver off and reloading it in case it is just a bad automatic install?

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DrPendragon