OneNote - Can You Share Just a Page or Section?

tallarob

Mar 27, 2013
Visit site
I use OneNote a lot and would like to be able to share just a single page or a section. All I can seem to do, however, is share an entire Notebook. Does anyone know how to share just a page or section?

dKp1977

Jul 14, 2011
Visit site
Just tap the page you want to share (from the page choice section) and choose "copy link to page" from the bottom bar menu. Works the same way for the section part.

tallarob

Mar 27, 2013
Visit site
Sorry, I don't quite understand. Are you talking about the desktop or Metro version? I did figure out how to share a page by using the Charms bar. Is that what you're talking about?

Last edited:

dKp1977

Jul 14, 2011
Visit site
Sorry, I don't quite understand. Are you talking about the desktop or Metro version? I did figure out how to share a page by using the Charms bar. Is that what you're talking about?

I'm talking about the Metro version. No, not the charms bar. OneNote Metro is separated in four sections from left to right:
1) notebooks
2) sections
3) pages
4) the actual page your writing on

Whatever item you tap in 2 or 3 brings up a bar across the bottom of the screen containing a couple of buttons. One of these buttons is labeled "copy link". That's the one you need to use.

tallarob

Mar 27, 2013
Visit site
I'm talking about the Metro version. No, not the charms bar. OneNote Metro is separated in four sections from left to right:
1) notebooks
2) sections
3) pages
4) the actual page your writing on

Whatever item you tap in 2 or 3 brings up a bar across the bottom of the screen containing a couple of buttons. One of these buttons is labeled "copy link". That's the one you need to use.

Again, I greatly appreciate your reply. I found the "copy link" button and tried to share a section with someone. They got the e-mail and link Ok, but when they tried to open it got a OneNote message that said " We couldn't open that location. It might not exist or you may not have permission to open it". Any idea as to what went wrong?

robef

Oct 24, 2014
Visit site
You could make a new notebook that you want to share and copy just the page you want to share from your personal notebook into the shared notebook.

Sameeksha Subhedar

Nov 23, 2016
Visit site
Good News! The OneNote team at Microsoft has now enabled sharing of a single page from OneNote from the Universal app!

You can now go to a page in the Universal app, and click on 'Share' and generate a share-able link to that page, which you can pass around. This link will be viewable in the browser.

For more details please check the response on UserVoice for this feature: https://onenote.uservoice.com/forum...ity-to-share-individual-sections-or-pages-ins

Thanks
Sameeksha

Microsoft

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DrPendragon