My SP3 Pen nib worn out, where can I get some spare nibs?

Jcmg62

Oct 8, 2013
Visit site
SP3 Pen nib worn out

Hey All :)

So I've had my Surface Pro 3 for about six months now and use the OneNote feature very extensively (about 3-4 hours of note taking a day)

The pen is performing really well, however the nib has taking a real pounding and is totally flat at the end and about a quarter of it has vanished...... basically I'm running out of nib and don't really want to spend ?50 on a new pen just because the simplest part of the thing has worn out.

I've searched high and low for an official answer on this without much success.

Is anyone else experiencing a similar issue and know where I can get my hands on spare nibs?

Thanks

xandros9

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
Re: SP3 Pen nib worn out

I don't know for sure if it can be done on that pen, but can you remove the nib?

I searched a bit and turned these up:

Suface Pro 3 pen nib wear? No problem, says Microsoft ? Surface Pro Artist
"If you are experiencing nib wear you will be able to call the Microsoft Surface Support Center and they will send you replacement nibs. They are free of charge and you simply remove the existing nib and replace it with the new one."

Surface Pro 3 Pen Nib Replacement | Microsoft Surface Forums

anon(7901790)

Aug 5, 2013
Visit site

Yep! I can confirm. I just got off an online chat with Microsoft Support and she sent me a pack of 3 tips for free. Will be here in about a week.

Jcmg62

Oct 8, 2013
Visit site

Morning guys, many thanks for your responses, great to know Microsoft is happy to offer that kind of support. I'll give them a call this morning 😊

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Carnes