Windows 10 on surface pro 2

barbaram

May 15, 2013
Visit site
Hi all, I have Surface Pro 2, the slowest computer on the planet. My question is, have any of you put Windows 10 on your Surface pro 2s and does it speed them up any?

A secondary concern is that now that Nokia isn't making Luminas anymore, when MS starts making them, are they going to be as slow as the surface? I can't stand the thought of that!!

Thanks in advance for your replys

xandros9

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
Hi all, I have Surface Pro 2, the slowest computer on the planet. My question is, have any of you put Windows 10 on your Surface pro 2s and does it speed them up any?

A secondary concern is that now that Nokia isn't making Luminas anymore, when MS starts making them, are they going to be as slow as the surface? I can't stand the thought of that!!

Thanks in advance for your replys

Are you serious?
No way. My main PC is blown away by the Surface Pro 2 in terms of performance.

Something is seriously wrong if you think so. If its so screwed up that you think so, 10 probably isn't going to help. I prescribe a complete reset.
Treat it well and it'll work well.

No, its mostly the same people working on the Lumia's. Changing the brand from Nokia to MS doesn't mean it'll suddenly become slow.
Besides, its different.

hotphil

Nov 14, 2008
Visit site
I'm typing this on a lightning-fast SP2 running Win10 TP.

"Slow" is a relative term. If you perceive your SP2 as slow, it might be worth looking into what's causing that.

jtzako

Dec 29, 2011
Visit site
Surface Pro 2 is a pretty capable machine, if yours is slow, something is wrong. (you may want to do a full system refresh)

I went from Win8 to 8.1 and now 10 Preview and so far the 10 preview is pretty nice. It is NOT a solution to a slow computer. Only install it if you're willing to deal with the normal pre-beta growing pains associated with a new OS.

PepperdotNet

Jan 6, 2014
Visit site
If Surface Pro 2 is the slowest computer on the planet, what does that make my original Surface Pro? Or my old Pentium 4 machine for that matter?

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Carnes