Surface Pro 3 as external graphics tablet

ratsey

Jun 29, 2014
Visit site
Do any apps exist that allow a PC to use a connected Surface Pro 3 as a graphics tablet? Sometimes I just need a bigger monitor and more powerful machine than the Surface Pro 3 but seems it would make a perfect external graphics tablet. An app could show soft buttons for Photoshop actions for example or other common applications.

Bolimomo

Feb 21, 2015
Visit site
If uou need a bigger monitor and a more powerful machine, why not just buy a powerful desktop, and a big monitor like 27-inch or something. You can hook up a regular graphics tablet to it for a little over USD $100. Why use a $500 to $1500 Surface Pro 3 as a graphic input device?

If you want to be able to view all your graphic files on the go, you can buy a sync software for about USD $20 to $40, constantly sync up the 2 machines. Then you can have the SP3 on the go.

stephen_az

Banned
Aug 2, 2012
Visit site
Do any apps exist that allow a PC to use a connected Surface Pro 3 as a graphics tablet? Sometimes I just need a bigger monitor and more powerful machine than the Surface Pro 3 but seems it would make a perfect external graphics tablet. An app could show soft buttons for Photoshop actions for example or other common applications.
If you mean to use a SP3 as the equivalent of a Wacom digitizing tablet, no the apps do not exist since the SP3 cannot function as a peripheral to another machine.

ratsey

Jun 29, 2014
Visit site
I discovered "Virtual Tablet" which supports the Surface, but it doesn't work with Mischief. I suppose I should just try the external monitor route. Thanks for all the input.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DrPendragon