Why does OneNote now require an active internet connection - Surface Pro 2 - Windows 10?

• Thread starter Windows Central Question
  • Start date
W

Windows Central Question

Why does OneNote now require an active internet connection - Surface Pro 2 - Windows 10

Use my SP2 at work for taking notes in the meetings i have to attend.
Used onenote for this for ages and its been brilliant. Now since i upgraded to W10 i now have to have an active internet connection to be able to even start OneNote. This doesnt work for me as i cant connect to work wi-fi (NHS employee) and in some places in the middle of the hospital 3G is none-existant.

Why has this changed now - it was great before hand - i could sync when i got back to my desk and update it across my devices after the meeting.

hotphil

Nov 14, 2008
Visit site
Re: Why does OneNote now require an active internet connection - Surface Pro 2 - Windows 10

Preview app on preview OS is the short answer.

Longer answer, use the non-preview version of OneNote.

RTGent

Jan 24, 2013
Visit site
Re: Why does OneNote now require an active internet connection - Surface Pro 2 - Windows 10

Welcome, guest. Note that you haven't "upgraded to W10"; you've opted to install an "alpha" or "beta" version of an operating system, etc. I'd expect some early-adopter/ beta-tester hassles, along with the new goodies. Your report is probably helpful to Microsoft and the community. Good luck with the OneNote hassle, and enjoy the new features.

Signed,
patiently waiting for an upgrade on my tablets and phone
An I-don't-need-no-stinkin-previews guy. :wink:

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
BevitalGluco2