Screen not responding to touch

Mathias Lindberg

Sep 11, 2013
Visit site
Parts of the right side of my screen have become unresponsive. It's part of the right side, with the exception of the scroll bar for some odd reason. Swipe in for Action Center isn't working, and I can't scroll or click anything in the section that is unresponsive. If I turn my Surface upside down, it's the left side that's unresponsive, so it appears to be something with the display. What do I do?

The part in red is the part of the screen that is unresponsive.
screen.jpg

Last edited:

Guzzler3

May 4, 2012
Visit site
You know, I just remember that that last install I did of W10, I had a similar issue. Just that it was the upper right of the screen, and a random area in the upper middle of the screen. I tried recalibrating the touch, and it made it worse.

But going back to W8.1, the touch screen works just fine over the entire screen. Weird.

Mathias Lindberg

Sep 11, 2013
Visit site
You know, I just remember that that last install I did of W10, I had a similar issue. Just that it was the upper right of the screen, and a random area in the upper middle of the screen. I tried recalibrating the touch, and it made it worse.

But going back to W8.1, the touch screen works just fine over the entire screen. Weird.

Did you install Google Chrome? It could be unrelated, but after uninstalling Chrome (as it was using a lot of battery in the background), I returned to my Surface with the touchscreen working as it should. This also started after I installed Chrome for some extensions I needed.

Also, did you notice any battery problems with Windows 10? I don't feel like the SP3 lasts that long anymore.

Hieu Nguyen6

Jul 12, 2015
Visit site
Anyone meet the same my problem : when i touch on the top of windows, it understands the icon on the taskbar and open it. I can't understand why, and how to fix them, i reset install windows 10 three times and i also install it by USB. But it's not solved. Sometimes, i touch on the on-screen keyboard, this bug also happens. Beside, when my SF3 connects LCD Samsung for projecting a lesson. My pen works badly, it responds so slowly, lag. Hichichic.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DrPendragon