Why no reviews of the m3?

Geodude074

Feb 12, 2014
Visit site
I've been looking all over for reviews of the Surface Pro 4, but not a single review has been about the m3 model. That's a shame, because in my opinion the Core m3 is the most interesting one. It has a TDP of 4.5 W, in comparison to the i5/i7 's 15 W.

What does this mean? Not only is it fanless, but it should use significantly less power, theoretically less than 1/3rd the power. And if the m3 model has the same size battery as the i5/i7 models, that means it should have significantly better battery life.

I'm really curious what the battery life for the m3 model is. I'm guessing where you see the i5/i7 lasting 10 hours, you'll find the m3 lasting 15 hours or longer in the same test. It's a shame that Microsoft doesn't offer the m3 with 8 GB RAM and a larger SSD, because that's the version I'd want to get.

theefman

Nov 14, 2008
Visit site
go watch a Surface 3 video review.

Not a valid comparison in the slightest, first off the SP4 uses a true SSD drive and not eMMC like the Surface 3 so that alone is a huge difference so in no way is reading a S3 review going to give any insight into how the M3 SP4 performs.

bugelrex

Nov 2, 2014
Visit site
as a companion device, anxious to know about battery life also. If its the same as i3 SP3, I would probably prefer to wait for a huge discount on a SP3.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Carnes