Can I upgrade the Surface Pro 4 RAM?

Rakeeshj

Mar 9, 2014
Visit site
Surface Pro 4 RAM

Does anybody know if the RAM can be upgraded on the Surface Pro 4? Or is it soldered on to the motherboard?

And along the same vein, can you upgrade/replace the SSD, or does it use an embedded eMMC type disk?

poddie

Sep 12, 2011
Visit site
Re: Surface Pro 4 RAM

Technically, the SSD can be replaced... but it would take a very brave and/or experienced technician to do it... these things are NOT easy to get into or get back together.

onlysublime

Jun 24, 2013
Visit site

Spend what you can spend because what you get is all that you can get. You can't upgrade (not realistically).

zkyevolved

Nov 7, 2014
Visit site

Agreed. Get what you want, not what you'd like to have in the future. Also, I am coming from the surface pro 2, and I've kept this device for two years and now I'm itching for the surface pro 4. Mainly for the screen size and new trackpad size. I feel like it's a huge improvement. But I'd like to say that I won't be upgrading again in 2 years, but who knows haha xD. I think a PC is something that doesn't need to be upgraded that often for general users like myself.

7a2eer

Banned
Oct 6, 2015
Visit site

Does anybody know if the RAM can be upgraded on the Surface Pro 4? Or is it soldered on to the motherboard?

And along the same vein, can you upgrade/replace the SSD, or does it use an embedded eMMC type disk?

It'd probably cost about $2000 in training, maybe $100 in components, and a few months of your time ;)

Jcmg62

Oct 8, 2013
Visit site
ifixit gave the SP4 a 1/10 score for repeatability... apparently there's a ton of glue holding everything snugly in place. I wouldn't wanna be the guy ripping a device like that open... not unless you have a genuine reason to do so

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Carnes