Scaling (Blurry) Issues Second Screen

Dankfizzle

Nov 10, 2015
Visit site
I've had the Surface Pro 4 for only a week now and I've run into quite a few scaling issues. My latest is with my second screen:

LG 22" Class Full HD LED Monitor - 1920 X 1080, DVI-D, D-SUB, 5 ms, 60 Hz, 16:9 - 22M37D-B

Windows 10 (to my knowledge) won't allow different scaling options for a second screen, so my options are either VERY small text on my Surface and a clear image on the second monitor, or normal resolution and text size on my surface and a fairly blurry and zoomed in image on the second monitor.

Any ideas to rectify this?

Thanks

m4600

Nov 5, 2015
Visit site
Is your display set to mirror/duplicate the image of the built-in screen?
Change that to Extend and you should have no problem setting it to a different resolution.

And whenever you change the resolution, make sure to log out and the log in again - that will reset the size of your icons to normal.

Tsang Fai

Aug 11, 2014
Visit site
I use my Surface Pro 3 connected to a 27" monitor via HDMI. Sometimes I need to use the SP3 in standalone mode.

Windows 10 should remember your display settings (when connected to second screen vs. standalone). However, sometime I do have the blurry issue you mentioned. I think it's a bug. It happens about 20% of time. I need to log out and log in again to resolve this problem.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DrPendragon