Terric battery life of surface pro 4 - do you agree?

anon(5327127)

May 25, 2011
Visit site
Hello,

As long as you know what you're doing the battery life of the SP4 isn't bad at all.

Then again I haven't installed a load of crap that leaves a whole load of startup/services/options running. I've also waited for indexing and dotNet to finish doing their thing.

If you agree then feel free to post. You have the other negative thread if you don't.

GatsbyGlen

Oct 29, 2015
Visit site
No. I think people are disappointed by the 9 hour claim, although the footprint says it's basically a video loop at a certain brightness. You'll consume far more CPU cycles surfing Crackbook and finding your next fix on Backpage.

Grimmric

Nov 25, 2015
Visit site
Tomorrow i think i will try to loop a movie and turn of wifi and bluetooth and see how many hour i can get out of the battery.
Today i streamed youtube until the battery was finished via edge in fullscreen.
I got to 4h30m.

ryland Johnson

Nov 13, 2015
Visit site
I suggest we, the consumer, got what we asked for. We wanted uber specifications housed anorexic devices, we wanted screen resolution that a bat would appreciate etc. The major point in terms of battery life is that battery engineering and development has not kept pace with the demands a modern day flag ship device demands in terms of power. Using present day tech I doubt batteries can cope with the demands made upon them.

In looking back over my decades of experience with hi-fi and technology and in general I am rather amazed how well these devices run considering such sky high spec's in mini sized bodies with tiny batteries. We simply have to accept compromise or treble the thickness and weight of the next generation Pr 5 to house a larger battery! I mean there are only two options here.

Look at the amazing speed technology has advanced in the past 36 months! Think what the next 36 months will bring. Its getting crazy.

Ryland

snakebitten

Dec 1, 2012
Visit site
Couldn't have said it better Ryland.
I know it isn't what people want to hear, but it is reality. That form factor is almost Science Fiction just a few short years ago. I don't understand how they get it to run as long as it does, without being tethered to a single source of power. Just amazing.

I do now get about 6-7 hours without problem. But I admit to having tweaked it. Many folks would object to that being necessary. And I completely understand their point of view. But I am wired that way. :)

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DrPendragon