04-26-2016 04:35 PM
36 12
tools
    Then your response was invalid, because the conversation we were having was regarding instant on/off being absolutely since release, and the SP4 randomly won't wake up unless you performed a hard reboot by holding the power button down for so long. Hibernation does not offer instant on, as it takes a few seconds to load the saved state. Thanks for playing though. 2/10.
    Why would you need hibernation if you have connected standby enabled? If connected standby is not disabled and the devices does to "sleep", pressing the power button will wake it instantly. If you device is hibernating,(before being "asleep" for two hours) then something is wrong with your settings/configuration.. UNLESS, connected standby was purposely disabled in the registry.

Sp4 does not use the S3 power state. instead, they use the S0i”x” sleep state . AKA . Connected standby.

It seems to me that you are confused about how your surface is configured and what to expect from the configuration. From the get go the surface was able to isntant on once if it is the S0i"x" sleep state.

You also seem to be confused between sleep and hibernate.
    04-21-2016 12:39 AM
    Can you just briefly explain what the first thing does? I have no clue...
    And yes, i use Ccleaner often, cleaning lots of crap stored on my Surface. I also set the CPU max processor state to 95%, so now the fen rarely kicks in when performing easy tasks...
    After running those commands, each and every app that use .net will forcefully compile their native binaries instead of compiling it at runtime. This would speed up app loading and overall performance of the system. Think of it, like Android Runtime Files on lollipop and upwards.
    Axeelant likes this.
    04-21-2016 07:31 AM
    Why not consider using a Surface 3?

It's cheaper, gets about 6 hours of battery life, very portable and still quite capable. Coming from a notebook with an i7 and 8gb ram, I don't have any issues using it on a daily basis.
    04-21-2016 12:05 PM
    About the wake up problem... Is it that u press the wake up button and the screen stays "dark" (its black but its on)? I have a surface pro 3 and sometimes i wanna turn it on from sleep and the screen is on but its black and u cant do nothing, except turn off with holding power button. At least thats what i thought try the taskmanager keyboard shortcut when u encounter this problem ☺ works for me at least
    04-22-2016 08:14 AM
    Were you using edge as the browser? if so, switch to IE11. I found that my battery life jumped massive amounts on all my devices running on 10. My 2 notebooks, and 2 surfaces were using edge first.....it was horrible.
    That's what I am experiencing too. There are many Websites with heavy active content (Ads...), and Edge uses incredibly much more CPU resources than eg. Vivaldi, which is what I'm trying out now.
    04-22-2016 03:59 PM
    Were you using edge as the browser? if so, switch to IE11. I found that my battery life jumped massive amounts on all my devices running on 10. My 2 notebooks, and 2 surfaces were using edge first.....it was horrible.
    Edge was unusable for me, so I used IE for the most part. Just try browsing WindowsCentral using Edge.
    04-22-2016 04:26 PM
    They've been releasing a ton of updates lately (especially the past week). The SP4 just keeps getting better and better.

I think even Edge has benefited from the driver updates (especially the graphic-related stuff as Intel drivers are historically awful) as the fan doesn't seem to kick in as much.
    Axeelant likes this.
    04-22-2016 05:19 PM
    Edge, has no ad blocking. Ads kill the browsing experience. Its horrible. I just use IE11 and its perfect. I pretty well double my battery life using IE compared to edge.
    04-24-2016 05:22 AM
    There is a guide about HOSTS file edit (ad block) here:
    http://forums.windowscentral.com/edg...heres-why.html

Works in Edge and everywhere else...
    04-24-2016 01:19 PM
    Edge, has no ad blocking. Ads kill the browsing experience. Its horrible. I just use IE11 and its perfect. I pretty well double my battery life using IE compared to edge.
    Edge is about to get Adblock and Adblock Plus. Edge has a long way to go but there's no way I'm supporting IE. too many incompatibility problems. Firefox and Edge for me.
    04-24-2016 10:36 PM
    To each their own. I am going by personal experience. No compatiability problems at all with IE, no ads on websites, no battery drain etc. Works great less filling.
    04-26-2016 04:35 PM
36 12