USB 3.0 tranfer speed waving

Axeelant

Nov 20, 2014
Visit site
Untitled2.jpg

Ok so it a cheaper Sandisk 64gb USB 3.0 flash drive, but why does it keep doing this in my SP4?

I was only copying one 2gb file with subtitles, but it does the same thing all the time. Like it can't get enough power to it or something...

Any ideas? Or is it normal...

Thanks

anon(5327127)

May 25, 2011
Visit site
Your Surface might be doing something else at the same time or the USB stick isn't the fastest (As you've suggested). I use a HyperX 256Gb stick and it only does the above when copying lots of random files but not dodgy film rips downloaded from the net.

P.s. I like the file that you're copying. Would that be illegal by any chance? :)

zkyevolved

Nov 7, 2014
Visit site
No illegal activities going on here! :) That would be against TOS. That's def. a ripped version from his own personal Bluray or DVD. :) haha.

Axeelant

Nov 20, 2014
Visit site
Your Surface might be doing something else at the same time or the USB stick isn't the fastest (As you've suggested). I use a HyperX 256Gb stick and it only does the above when copying lots of random files but not dodgy film rips downloaded from the net.

P.s. I like the file that you're copying. Would that be illegal by any chance? :)

I'm getting a Lexar 200GB micro sd card this week, i'll see if I can get a more steady write speed then, i'll also try it with an USB adapter that comes with it. And the surface isn't busy at that time, and it always does that.
It's a good file indeed, totally legit in my country, for personal use btw :)

No illegal activities going on here! :) That would be against TOS. That's def. a ripped version from his own personal Bluray or DVD. :) haha.

That is a rip of my own BluRay movie i just bought yes, sure, definitely ;) Nothing to see here...

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DrPendragon