Replacement Surface Pen no longer comes with extra nibs?

onlysublime

Jun 24, 2013
Visit site
So I just popped open my burgundy Surface Pen... Performance-wise, it's fantastic. Nicer than the pen that came with the Surface Pro 4. Performance of the new pen on the Surface Pro 2017 is fantastic. Missing the pocket clip though. Sidenote: the old pen performs better on the Surface Pro 2017 than the old pen performs on the Surface Pro 4. Presumably this is due to the upgraded pen processor.

Also note that the new pen has more magnets apparently because it really sticks to the Surface Pro 2017 better than the older Surface Pen did. It'll still fall off in a bag though (probably, haven't actually tested).

However, the replacement pen did not come with replacement nibs. Is this true? I can't believe they would not have the alternative nibs. It's true that the Surface Pro 4 (which I also own) didn't come with the alternative nibs for the pen that is included with that computer. However, I purchased a replacement pen after I lost my SP4 pen and that pen did come with alternative nibs.

Luckily, I still have my nibs from my other replacement pen, but considering that the new Surface Pen is actually more expensive, it should still come with the nibs.

On another note, I also picked up the aqua pen. It just looks gorgeous. Almost makes me wish that there was a matching keyboard for that pen.

Last edited:

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
quicktravo