Surface Pro 4: Display gets shrinked whenever installing or running a simulation software.

Sukanya Kamboj

Apr 11, 2018
Visit site
I have a Surface Pro 4, and I work with simulation softwares such as Ansys, Hypermesh, etc. Whenever I start installing them, the display of the particular window shrinks to super tiny and it's hard to work with. Earlier I thought it was some compatibility issue with Ansys specific to my laptop because I could not find a solution for this anywhere. But now I'm installing Hyperworks, and same problem is there while installing. Now I know when it's installed, I will have to work with micro-sized menus, tools and buttons.
I really don't want to face the problem again, any help would be much appreciated.
(Screenshot attached for better clarity of the problem)
Thanks in advance.Untitled.jpg

Last edited:

neo158

Oct 6, 2011
Visit site
The reason for this is because the SP4 runs at such a high resolution and some apps and games can't scale to fit properly, a good example is Origin.

anon(9632633)

Sep 4, 2015
Visit site
neo158's explanation is correct. You can fix this problem by right clicking the .exe file of the program (find it in Start -> right click -> Open Folder Location). Go to Properties. Under the Compatibility tab, click "Change high DPI settings." Check/tick the box that says "Override high DPI behavior. Scaling performed by:" -> Play around with the options. System (Enhanced) tends to work best for me. Images might be blurrier but at least it'll be big.

Hope this helps.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MatthewHilbers