GREAT article on the Pro

pdch

Sep 21, 2012
Visit site
So at the default power plan, running intensive apps will only get you 2.5 hours. Ouch.

actually, no. I get 5-6 hours running intensive apps. I suspect the authors battery issue has more to do with using Chrome. It drains batteries in Win8.

Matt Bauer

Feb 9, 2013
Visit site
Here is another good real world use article - Surface Pro, Lumia 920, and iPhone 5 walk into a press conference | ZDNet

So far I have to say that Microsoft may have a cult hit on their hands. Reminds me of the Toshiba Libretto.. Not for everyone but people who find a use for it in their work style will never want to give it up.

I definitely agree with you. I am almost inclined to believe that it might have a chance of being even more than just a cult hit. so far anyone that has seen me using it in class to take notes with the pen (using metro onenote) while swiping back and forth to legacy desktop programs have been genuinely impressed with it. what really blew a few peoples minds is when they asked me about what apps it has and I fire up diablo 3 haha... also once I tell them what the specs are most people don't even blink at the 999$ price surprisingly.
all in all I am extremely impressed with this little gem, it certainly in my opinion was 1000$ very well spent

oh on another note, I bought a new backpack that has an (Ipad) pouch built into it and the surface pro with touch cover fits perfectly into it. not only does this keep the tablet from bouncing around, it also ensures that my stylus is not gonna go anywhere while in my backpack.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Carnes