Latest Update Bricked My Pro

Arsenic17

May 19, 2012
Visit site
My 128GB Pro has been working perfectly since I got it about a month ago. I got forced into updating when I restarted it yesterday. After the update, I recorded a couple short videos on my Surface, then just let it go to sleep. A few hours later I went back to it, and it wouldnt turn on. Nothing I can do will turn it on. It is bricked. It is getting power, the white LED is on. And I also let it charge all night, but again this morning it did not work either. It is already on the way back to be exchanged via Microsoft. Someone is gonna pay if I get another defective device. Also, if I dont get my replacement by April 17, I will kill someone. I got the device to take with me on a long international trip that begins on April 18 and goes to June 8. If I dont have a computer for this trip, I will make Microsofts life ****. Thanks for reading! :)

It is a damn shame that you have to be careful about downloading updates. That is a tad unacceptable. I knew I shouldnt have updated.Be warned.

Arsenic17

May 19, 2012
Visit site
No nothing at all. Just a blank screen. I used a flashlight to check if the backlight went but that wasn't it. Also connected the device to a monitor and nothing came up. So I guess it was done. Mailed it back on Saturday. Hopefully get a replacement soon

mitchellvii

Apr 28, 2013
Visit site
Hold the volume up button down while you press power until the Surface logo pops up. It will boot into BIOS then restart it from there. Although some updates have caused an issue or two, there are no widespread reports of bricking.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
BevitalGluco2