Hey every -- Just picked-up my new Surface Pro and absolutely love it.

I do have one challenge. There were 15 preinstalled apps that needed to be updated out of the box. When I click on the Store tile I can see the usual list of apps to be updated and am able to select download updates. At that point the usual pending label appears next to each app. Unfortunately, thats all that happens. I never get the standard transition from pending to downloading to updating; the apps just sit at pending. Ive let it sit for hours, tried rebooting, etc., but nothing changes. All 15 apps are frozen at pending. This also means I am unable to download other apps from the Store because they just sit at the end of the download list.

Any thoughts or recommendations?

Thanks!
    05-10-2013 09:31 PM
    Other than what I've experienced with the Surface RT, what is slow is registration process. In my experience, it takes a bit of time before your device is fully registered. That is, even though you can log on with your live credentials, when it comes to registration of hardware, it takes more time. Once you get over this hump, its pretty much normal. Same thing happened when I switched from the Lumia 900 to the 920. I couldn't download anything right away. I don't know if it happens with everyone, but it has happened to me.
    05-10-2013 10:52 PM
    You can delete the cache with wsreset.exe.
    05-10-2013 11:02 PM
    Thanks very much. Unfortunately I tried that previously but it didn't help.
    05-11-2013 07:39 PM
    How can you tell if your device is fully registered?
    12-20-2013 04:09 PM
    Hey every -- Just picked-up my new Surface Pro and absolutely love it.

I do have one challenge. There were 15 preinstalled apps that needed to be updated out of the box. When I click on the Store tile I can see the usual list of apps to be updated and am able to select download updates. At that point the usual “pending” label appears next to each app. Unfortunately, that’s all that happens. I never get the standard transition from “pending” to “downloading” to “updating”; the apps just sit at “pending.” I’ve let it sit for hours, tried rebooting, etc., but nothing changes. All 15 apps are frozen at “pending.” This also means I am unable to download other apps from the Store because they just sit at the end of the download list.

Any thoughts or recommendations?

Thanks!
    try downloading them one at a time
    01-28-2014 12:56 PM
    Are you able to get them to throw an error if you put your surface in airplane mode?
    01-28-2014 01:15 PM