Another Screen Protector for Surface Thread

astroXP

Jul 1, 2011
twitter.com
I'm looking for a screen protector that won't get on the way for the Wacom stylus nor will affect the awesome angle viewing. But to be honest, I am actually looking for a protector specifically for the back of my Surface. I regret not buying one before, now I have a few hairline scratches and I just feel awful.

I was considering the ZAGG InvisibleShield (full body) but I keep reading the same negative reviews that the stylus won't work anymore after applying this and for $35 to limit for the back protector seems like a waste of money. I then decided to check out the Incipio Clear/Anti-fingerprint which Microsoft promotes but then seems like no matter how good you follow the instructions you'll get bubbles.

Lastly I found Bodyguardz and I was glad the full body option actually does protect the entire full body. Another good looking screen protector is Xtreme Guard and sells for $30 for the full body but it's actually just the front screen, and the two cuts for the back (top and bottom).

Which one you recommend? :smile:

spectre51

May 25, 2012
Visit site
I got the xtremeguards one and the back protection for it is perfect. Gives the surface some grip so it isn't slippery and is easy to put on. The front protector will make the smoothness of using the stylus and swiping not as smooth. Look online for discount codes as you can find them all the time for xtremeguards. Got mine for like $5.

Sent from my Xperia Tablet Z

astroXP

Jul 1, 2011
twitter.com
I found a great discount for 70% off (I missed the 85%!) and lowered the price to $9. I wanted to read more reviews for XtremeGuards and this comment specifically for the Surface Pro made me re-think (link)

Have you had any issues so far? What rate of quality would you rank them?

Update: So I went ahead and bought the XtremeGuards screen protector (full body) after reading so many reviews. I'm also planning on getting the Manvex leather case as soon as they made more! http://www.amazon.com/Compact-Leath...ag=hawk-future-20&ascsubtag=UUwpUvbUpU2040382)

Last edited:

spectre51

May 25, 2012
Visit site
It's not the highest quality out there. It does what I needed it to for the back of the surface. It's okay for the front but as soon as I find one that isn't rubbery and better quality I will get that does the front. Again for the back I think its fine.

Sent from my Xperia Tablet Z

fitchalcyone

Dec 6, 2012
Visit site
To be honest, the Incipio is my favorite, only blindly purchasing it with my Pro. I figured I'd gamble the $20, and it turned out pretty well. I don't like Zagg products too much from my friends' devices; couldn't get over their grippy, tacky textures. The Incipio keeps the surface just about as smooth as the bare glass, which was a big plus for me.

As with any true screen protector (meaning not the ones with just a sticky border), there is an "art" to get an application with no bubbles. Naturally, this is a little easier if you do it when the device is fresh out of its wrapping, but a thorough cleaning of any screen prior to application will yield similar results. I personally apply left to right, only exposing the left portion and removing more of the protector's backing as I go across. If you start getting air bubbles, pull your protector up to "open" them and start laying it down again. You may get a stray dust particle that will leave you with a tiny bubble, but most of the time that's it and can be overlooked (even for me, which is weird).

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
powerupgo