How have you used the Surface Pro?

farskija

Aug 14, 2013
Visit site
Jumped over here since I gave up on the BlackBerry Playbook. I got some good use out of it but bought a Surface Pro as I'm in grad school. I never felt as productive with the PlayBook as I do with the Surface!

Post some of the cool, intuitive, or unique ways you have used the Surface...how does it keep you productive?

Laura Knotek

Retired Moderator
Mar 31, 2012
Visit site
Hi and welcome to WPCentral. :smile:

Well, the Surface Pro is a PC running full-blown Windows 8, so it's going to be much more productive than a tablet running a mobile OS.

smoheath

Oct 30, 2012
Visit site
I use my surface pro for everything. I'm an engineer/designer so I draw sketches in OneNote and then turn my ideas into real designs in CAD. The surface pro handles it all like a champ.

Connert

Nov 30, 2009
Visit site
As a systems admin, I connect to my network using my Verizon hotspot so I can provide support to my users with RDP or VNC. Also makes it very easy to control my ip phone system and several other servers from any location.

It is very convenient having the power and functionality of my laptop in a tablet.

Sent from my SPH-L900 using WPCentral Forums mobile app

DavidinCT

Feb 18, 2011
Visit site
I tried a Surface Pro and personally loved it. I did some compare shopping and ended up getting a Samsung Slate 7 (Intel i5, 4gb, 32gb) for under $200 after some deals. A lot of reviews compared it to the Surface pro and it's almost as fast. It even has a SIM slot for AT&T.

As I dislike Windows 8 with a keyboard but, love it on a tablet. I use it for email, web browsing and youtubing (Metrotube on W8 is great). I will admit tho, I would love a keyboard for it (one thing I miss from geting a Surface Pro) as I can type faster on a keyboard than any touch screen but other wise, awsome...

farskija

Aug 14, 2013
Visit site
So far my uses have been more simple compared to the responses above. I have been enjoying using OneNote for classes--I can transfer class outlines to my Notebook and then take class notes alongside the outlines! Also, for certain PDFs that are unable to be highlighted it is helpful to have the pen for underlining. I have not done it yet, but because I have the Surface 8 Pro, I know that I can access the files on my BlackBerry Z10. I could also load BB Link if I wanted to. Keep the interesting uses coming!! :smile:

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
babukapyar