**Surface Pre-Order thread**

feedmylittletroll

Feb 21, 2012
Visit site
Does anybody know if you can pre-order the surface with the type keyboard instead of the touch keyboard and pay the difference? I really don't think that I want the touch keyboard. I tried to select the type one but it just added another 129.99 to my order

pedenske

Oct 1, 2011
Visit site
32GB with Black cover will do me nicely. Does anyone know what the max size of SD card the RT supports?
I believe i read 64 gb micro sdxc somewhere.
"Ports and Connectivity

Bring your entire media collection with you wherever you go. A microSDXC card slot lets you add up to 64 GB of extra storage. Show off everything on the big screen using the HD video out port. Full-size USB port and Bluetooth 4.0 provide clutter-free connections with wireless mice and headsets. Dual 2x2 MIMO antennas provide reliable internet connectivity."
http://www.microsoftstore.com/store/msca/en_CA/pdp/productID.257918700

Last edited:

BotanicalStig

Sep 7, 2012
Visit site
Does anybody know if you can pre-order the surface with the type keyboard instead of the touch keyboard and pay the difference? I really don't think that I want the touch keyboard. I tried to select the type one but it just added another 129.99 to my order

If you get the 64 gb model it come bundled with the touch keyboard only. When it's in stores it may be different, but if you want to preorder but don't want to pay for the touch keyboard, you need to go with the $499 model.

I've been battling the urge to preorder this thing all day. I don't know why I would need an RT device, but I've been trying to justify it. Must resist.

dkp23

Feb 3, 2012
Visit site
Idiots told me over phone i can come into the store and pre order since the site didnt accept giftcards.

I come in and say i cant, its online only..im like WTF! They gave me a voucher for my trouble to reserve one for me on release day, doubt it even matters, i find it hard to beleive it will sell out. Lookings for a 32gb model with red keyboard

jimski

Dec 11, 2010
Visit site
32GB w/Cyan Touch Cover & the Type Cover. Also threw in a spare magnetic charger so I have one for home and one for my bag. I can add a 32GB micro-Sd for a lot less than $100. Sure, it slower, but how fast does music have to play.

Sent from my Lumia 900 using Board Express Pro

camptime

Feb 26, 2012
Visit site
I am shocked that you cannot get a 64GB Surface with any color but black. That is the dumbest thing ever. I really want Cyan, but have to pay for two covers if I want it? Why doesn't it come bundled with different colors? :mad:

I am with you on this. I also wanted 64GB with cyan but no option to get what I want stupid.:mad:

Coreldan

Oct 2, 2012
Visit site
The money I saved on the 32gb will go towards a 64gb microsdxc card for $60.

This is what I would do too. Sure, you cant install apps on the SD card, but just have the apps on the built in memory and everything else on the card. Better than getting 64gb surface with a forced black cover (if you want a colored one)

stmav

Retired Moderator
Sep 18, 2012
Visit site
Question for you guys. With the 32b without the cover already being sold out online with a wait. Do you think they've held some aside for sale on launch at the stores and popup stores? Thanks.

jimski

Dec 11, 2010
Visit site
Question for you guys. With the 32b without the cover already being sold out online with a wait. Do you think they've held some aside for sale on launch at the stores and popup stores? Thanks.
Absolutely. Especially because the primary purpose the popup stores is to sell the Surface (and Win 8 in general). They probably allocated a set number of devices for mail delivery (maybe 100k of each version), with the rest allocated for stores and the other 7 launch countries. There may be sporadic shortages at the stores between now and New Years, but unless Surface is an overwhelming success, you should be able to find one.

Sent from my Lumia 900 using Board Express Pro

stmav

Retired Moderator
Sep 18, 2012
Visit site
There's a pop-up about 5 minutes from me. I want the 32gb with the teal touch cover. Obviously missed that boat online unless I want to wait. So hoping I'll still be able to get them on launch at the pop-up store.

evilrobot

Nov 8, 2010
Visit site
...I also called Microsoft and found out that the 32GB without Black touch cover really does include the black touch cover. I was told that I will receive both the black cover with the tablet and the cyan one that I ordered...

I took a look today and they changed the "In the box" section to include this wording:

Black Touch Cover (not included with 32 GB without Black Touch Cover)

Jay Bennett

Resident Developer
Nov 2, 2010
Visit site
Pre-ordered the 32GB with a white touch cover. I'm sure at some point I'll pick up an equivalent sized micro-SD card just to boost it, but for now I'm doubling what I had on my Galaxy tab :)

EDDS

Mar 12, 2011
Visit site
Pre ordered mine the other day and I've also just ordered a 64gb micro sdxc card from amazon to bump up the storage.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
petazinta