(issue) wifi stuck on limited use

Daniel0418

Oct 22, 2012
Visit site
After connecting to my home network it just stays on "limited use" forever. All other tablets and PCs in my house work just fine. I can't figure this out. I turned off the router. I reset it. I chose "forget network" and tried reconnecting. Nothing works. It shows full bars but has the exclamation mark that says limited use. Anyone else having this issue?

mattabar

Oct 27, 2012
Visit site
Having the same problem. I tried everything you did, and also tried connecting by pressing the button on the WiFi router. It still labels the connection as "Limited". I have a DLink DIR-655 router.

NickA

Dec 26, 2010
Visit site
What kind of authentication do you guys have setup for wi-fi? Maybe try changing that and see what happens. Or take it to a place that has free wi-fi and see what happens there.

sleepyking

Apr 18, 2012
Visit site
After connecting to my home network it just stays on "limited use" forever. All other tablets and PCs in my house work just fine. I can't figure this out. I turned off the router. I reset it. I chose "forget network" and tried reconnecting. Nothing works. It shows full bars but has the exclamation mark that says limited use. Anyone else having this issue?

How did you get "forget the network"? On the surface help page it says just select the network and hold and it should give the option, but when I kept trying that nothing happens

Daniel0418

Oct 22, 2012
Visit site
Mine finally started working. Sad thing is, I didn't do anything to fix it. After I couldn't get it to work I began to just tether with my phone which worked fine. My phone lost service so I turned tethering off. Low and behold it auto connected to my home network but this time it worked. Not sure what the issue is. Maybe on some networks it just takes a really long time to authenticate. Sometimes my older PCs would do that with my phones tethering connection.

mattabar

Oct 27, 2012
Visit site
Encouraged by blayze04, I spent 10 minutes resetting, turning on/off the various components and mine just started working too. The magic combination seemed to be holding the Surface (sans keyboard) right next to the router, restarting the router and immediately trying to connect.

FYI, to "forget the network" you have to hold your finger on the connection, then select "forget this network" from the popup menu.

DrSaiko

Aug 11, 2011
Visit site
I had the same problem. but it was solved right after I unplugged the power from my router for 10 secs and plugged it back.

dkp23

Feb 3, 2012
Visit site
having same issue from time to time, worked fine out of the box. Twice now, my internet would go to limited, i would just go to the wireless setting, disconnect and reconnect and it works. Kind of annoying

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DrPendragon