I have 3 G-mail accounts setup under Mail app and for some reason, for 2 accounts, I was able to set "As items arrive" for Download new email under Account setting menu in Mail app but for 1 account, there is no "As items arrive" in the drop down menu for Download new email in the setting. I can only set "Every 15 minutes", "Every 30 minutes", "Hourly" or "Manual". It is so strange and I went in my desktop browser and sign-in to each Gmail account and compare setting for POP and IMAP settings and they are all identical. I don't see why one account cannot fetch new mail as new email arrive.

Anyone know how to fix this issue or have this same problem?
    10-28-2012 01:01 PM
    I just figured out that there can be only 2 Gmail accounts that can have "PUSH" e-mail. Any additional account(s) will not have "As items arrive" or PUSH e-mail service in Mail app. I wonder why Microsoft allow only 2 Gmail accounts to have PUSH service.
    10-28-2012 07:20 PM
    I just figured out that there can be only 2 Gmail accounts that can have "PUSH" e-mail. Any additional account(s) will not have "As items arrive" or PUSH e-mail service in Mail app. I wonder why Microsoft allow only 2 Gmail accounts to have PUSH service.
    Set the other one up as a Microsoft Outlook / Exchange account and set it up as a push email account. The server is m.google.com
    10-29-2012 12:25 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD